A marina with the latest facilities
The excellent location of Montceau’s marina in the heart of town provides the perfect choice for a permanent berth and for visitors. Completely renovated in 2018, the marina is just a short stroll away from Montceau’s town centre. A perfect base to berth if you are looking for a spot of retail therapy or to visit the historic sites and museums of this mining-town. You will find plenty of shops and amenities (pharmacies, restaurants, cinema, medical services…) within easy walking distance of the marina.
With a capacity of 37 mooring rings, Montceau-les-Mines’ harbour welcome visiting boats for all year-round cruising on its sheltered fluvial waters, from a short stay of a few nights if you are just passing by to longer-term winter storage on the Canal du Centre.
Practical information of Montceau-les-Mines marina:
- 37 pitches including 3 reserved for boats over 15 meters.
- 1 serviced pontoon (14 pitches) with water / electricity meters measuring your consumption.
- A grey waters recovery pump.
- Secured access to the pontoons with a badge system (badge issued upon arrival at the Capitainerie).
- Toilets and showers at the Capitainerie with secured access.
- The marina’s berthing rates and regulations are soon available to download on the website of Montceau-les-Mines.
- To book a mooring spot, contact +33 (0)6.07.54.70.08 or email mbouillet@montceaulesmines.
Tuesday and Saturday morning markets are a fascinating blend of shopping and local vibes. Held on the riverside, close to the docks, Montceau-les-Mines’ lively market is one of the largest market in the region. It is stacked full of fresh produce, including fruit, veg, meat, fish and cheese, as well as baked treats and delicious regional specialties. Take home some local ingredients or treat yourself a tasty snack!