Fancy a little walk with friends? A morning jog with your colleagues? A family wander of a few hours? Discover some of the best walks in Creusot Montceau !
The diversity of landscapes, the exceptional heritage, the stunning panoramas... These walks let you see some of the best views of Creusot Montceau landscapes and take you through some of the most beautiful villages of of Saône-et-Loire.
Whatever your level and your condition, Creusot Montceau is mild and hike-friendly all year-round. The network of "green walks" available (ask for « balades vertes ») is accessible to everyone, from beginner hikers to families and from occasional to hardcore walkers. There are plenty of “off the beaten path” hiking trails allowing visitors to discover some hidden gems either by foot, by mountain bike or even on horseback. Walking adventures are really the best to explore local heritage, the patchwork of landscapes, cultural attractions, craft and regional produce of Burgundy….and the amazing nature and wildlife.
Two kind of hikes are possible here:
- classic trails, ranging from 2 to 25 km of trails to discover the main tourist attractions of the area (landscape, cultural and architectural heritage)
- thematic trails, less than 6 km of walking paths with information panels dotted around and giving an insight into the natural, historical and cultural local heritage.
What are the “green walks” (balades vertes) of Saone-et-Loire?
- An opportunity to discover the land and the heritage,
- a great way to promote craft, locally produced and homemade specialties,
- an endless variety of itineraries,
- safe and marked pathways,
- a provision of information on accommodation options, services and leisure facilities,
- A smart way of linking villages and towns with walking paths and developing trails with neighbouring departments.